The London Lions
Last Updated: January 8, 2021
London Lions is a professional basketball team competing in the British Basketball League.
We respect the privacy of our customers and visitors to this website and developed this Policy to demonstrate our commitment to protecting your privacy. In order to provide services to you, from time to time we collect personal information. This Policy describes:
- The types of personal information we may collect or that you may provide when you use our website or contact us.
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that personal information.
This Policy applies only to personal we collect on our website, via email and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with the website. This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or through any other means.
- You provide to or is collected by any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or on this website. These third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
Our website may contain links third-party websites, which do not operate under this Policy, to connect you with partners, programs, products, and services including ticket sales and the website for the BBL. These third-party websites may independently solicit and collect personal information from you. While we strongly support the protection of privacy on the Internet, we do not have control over, and cannot be responsible for, the actions of other third parties. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of all third-party websites you visit to understand their information practices before providing personal information directly to them.
We may collect several types of information from and about users of this website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, including your full name, email address, username, social media handle, IP addresses, telephone numbers.
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, including web surfing behavior, and geographic location information (e.g., country, state, city and/or postcode).
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our website and other usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us, such as when you sign up for our newsletter or contact us with an inquiry.
- Automatically when you access or use our website.
A. Information Provided by You
We collect the following types of personal information from you when you access our website. The most common of these circumstances where you would provide personal information and the categories of personal information we collect in those circumstances include the following:
- Signing up for our Newsletter. In order to sign up for our newsletter, we collect your full name and email address. We will store and use this information distribute our newsletter and other promotional or marketing information that may be of interest to you, and as permitted by this Policy.
- Contacting us. When you contact our offices, we may ask you to provide, or confirm, personal information, including your first and last name, email address, phone numbers, and the nature of your inquiry so that we can better serve you.
The above list provides examples of the personal information that may be collected when using our website.If you do not want London Lions to collect your personal information, please do not provide it to us.
B. Information that We Collect Automatically From You
When you access and use the website, we may use technology to automatically collect information to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalized service.
- Usage Details. When you access and use the website, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the website, including location data, time of visit, length of time you visit the website or specific pages, page views, scroll depth, logs, scoring content that you are interested in, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the website.
C. Information Collection and Tracking Technologies
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or browser/mobile cookies). When you visit our website, we may assign your computer one or more cookies to help you navigate our website efficiently, to personalize your online experience, and to perform certain functions, including website traffic analysis. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our site, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on our website . A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer for record keeping purposes. Cookies can be either session cookies or persistent cookies. A session cookie expires when you close your browser and is used to make it easier for you to navigate our website. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. For example, when you sign in to our website , we will record your GUID (Globally Unique Identifier) in the cookie file on your computer. This cookie is removed when you sign-out. In the case of sites and services that do not use a user ID, the cookie will contain a unique identifier. We may allow our authorized service providers to serve cookies from our website to allow them to assist us in various activities, such as doing analysis and research on the effectiveness of our site, content and advertising. You may delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings (click “Help” in the toolbar of most browsers for instructions). If you do so, some of the features and services of our website may not function properly.
Purposes for using personal information. While the purposes for which we may process personal information will vary depending upon the circumstances, in general we use personal information for the purposes set forth below.
- Provide you with access to the website.
- Curate content, activities, and financial goals that are more relevant to you.
- Connect you with partners, programs, products, and services that may be of interest to you.
- Manage the website, provide you with customer support, and/or contact you in response to your inquiry to us.
- Complete a transaction or service requested by you.
- Perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our website.
- Track and analyze non-identifying and aggregate usage and volume statistical information from our users.
- Exercise, defend, or protect our legal rights or the rights of our clients or third parties.
- Protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
- Keeping our website and IT systems secure.
- Ensuring that our own processes, procedures and systems are as efficient as possible.
- For legal compliance purposes.
Legal Basis for Processing. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requires that we inform you of the legal bases for our processing of your personal information. Where the GDPR is applicable, our legal basis for processing your personal information will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. London Lions relies on the following lawful basis for processing personal information: your explicit consent, our legitimate interests, and compliance with legal obligations.
When you provide us with your personal information by visiting our website, contacting us or signing up for our newsletter, our legal basis for the processing of that personal information is that processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
We also collect and process personal information about you as necessary to provide the website, development and improvement, and/or usage analytics. In these instances, our lawful basis of processing your personal information is our legitimate interests (when not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms).
If you have any questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided below.
We will retain your personal information for as long as is needed to fulfill the purposes set forth in this Policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting, or other legal requirements).
We may share your personal information as necessary to manage this website, including sharing information with our third party service providers, when required by law, to protect rights and safety, and with your consent. Your personal information is not used for other business purposes than providing the website to you.
We may share personal information with:
- Authorized service providers: We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include ticket sales for games, sale of team paraphernalia, delivering our website to you or providing customer service, providing nudge emails to you, s upporting our website’s functionality, conducting surveys and research for product development and improvement, and supporting surveys, providing our newsletter and other marketing or promotional services you may request, and other features of our website.
- Our Investors: We may share your name and email and other information we collect about you with our investors. An investor may have access to, receive, or use this information for purposes of auditing, risk management, and in connection with the shared services the investor offers to us as a portfolio company, including accounting, legal, capital markets, data analytics, human resources, information technology and marketing services. We may also share aggregate usage and statistical reports relating to usage of the Online Services with our clients. These reports do not contain personal information.
- Other situations: We also may disclose your information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- When you provide us with your consent to share your information with third parties.
Aggregated and Non-personal information: We may share aggregated and non-personal information we collect under any of the circumstances set forth in this Policy. We may share aggregated information with third parties, including the British Basketball League, for their business purposes. This information does not contain any personal information and may be used to develop website content and services that we hope you and other users will find of interest and to target content and advertising.
Your personal information may be transferred to, stored, and processed outside your country of residence in a country, including the United States, that is not regarded as ensuring an adequate level of protection for personal information under European Union law. For example, we store all data in United States-based databases. Where this is the case we will transfer the personal information where we are satisfied that there are comparable levels of protection equivalent to your country of residence by using a legitimate transfer mechanism to the extent required under applicable laws, such as pursuant to contractual clauses and other safeguards. Under certain data protection laws and regulations, there may be additional requirements with which we must comply before transferring any personal information outside of the territory from which it has been collected, including without limitation, having obtained explicit consent from you with respect to such offshore transfer of personal information and undertaken certain security assessments mandated by local laws and regulations.
You may have certain rights in relation to your personal information. If you would like to exercise any of them, please contact us (contact details below).
We will consider all such requests and provide our response within a reasonable period (and in any event within any time period required by applicable law). Please note, however, that certain personal information may be exempt from such requests in certain circumstances. If an exception applies, we will tell you this when responding to your request. We may request you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity before responding to any request you make.
How You Can Access or Request to Delete Your Information:You may request to have your personal information that you provided when you registered along with the information relating to your use of the website removed from our databases, as well as request for the deletion/deregistration o f any online accounts you have created (where applicable) by submitting a request to our contact information set forth at the end of this Policy, and insert “Privacy Rights Request” in the subject line. We will remove such information as soon as practicable for us, however, we may still retain certain information associated with your account for analytical purposes and record keeping integrity, as well as to prevent fraud, enforce our terms and conditions, take actions we deem necessary to protect the integrity of our web site or our users, or take other actions otherwise permitted by applicable law. In addition, if certain information has already been provided to third parties as described in this Policy, retention of that information may be subject to those third parties’ policies.
Your Choices About Collection and Use of Your Information:You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our website because such information may be required in order for you to receive our newsletter.
Opt-Out: At any time you can choose to no longer receive commercial or promotional emails or newsletters from us by modifying your email preferences by selecting the “Opt-Out” link found in the footer of the communication or contacting us. You may modify your choice at any time by using the “Opt-Out” link as described above.
You also will be given the opportunity, in any commercial e-mail that we send to you, to opt out of receiving such messages in the future. It may take up to 7 days for us to process an opt-out request or such shorter period as may be prescribed by applicable law. Please note that changing information in your account, or otherwise opting out of receipt of promotional email communications will only affect future activities or communications from us.
The security and confidentiality of your personal information is important to us. We have implemented reasonable measures (including by taking physical, technical, and administrative measures) to protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
While we are focused on the security of your personal information and follow strict standards, processes and procedures that are designed to protect your personal information, you must remember that the Internet is a global communications vehicle open to threats, viruses and intrusions from others and so we cannot promise, and you should not expect, that we will be able to protect your personal information at all times and in all circumstances.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a username and password which enables you to access the Services, you are responsible for keeping these details confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
This Policy does not create rights enforceable by third parties.
We will occasionally update this Policy to reflect material changes in our privacy practices. If we make any material changes in the way we collect, use, and/or share your personal information, we will notify you by email and posting the modified Policy on our Online Services and indicating at the top of the Policy the date it was last updated, and, where required by applicable law, obtain your consent. We encourage you to review the Policy each time you visit the website to see if this Policy has been updated since your last visit to make sure you understand how your personal information will be processed.
In this section, we set forth additional information as required under applicable privacy laws in certain jurisdictions.
A. European Union/European Economic Area
If you are an individual located in the European Union or European Economic Area, you have the following rights, under the GDPR, regarding your personal information:
You have the right to request access to your personal information, and the rectification of inaccurate personal information concerning you and obtain a copy of the personal information held by us. You have the right to obtain the deletion or the restriction of processing of your personal information in certain circumstances, including when the data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed, except when we are required by law to maintain or otherwise process your personal information, for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims, or for the protection of the rights or another person. You may have the right to request that we stop processing your personal information and/or to stop sending you marketing communications. In certain circumstances, you may have the right to be provided with your personal information in a structured, machine readable and commonly used format and to request that we transfer the personal information to another data controller without hindrance. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the EU Member State of your habitual residence, place of work, or place of an alleged infringement of the applicable data protection law.
If you would like to make such a request, please email: email@example.com and insert “GDPR Privacy Rights Request” in the subject line. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity before taking action on your request.
If you have any questions about this Policy or our privacy practices, please contact us as follows:
Attn: Data Protection Officer
3 More London Riverside, London, SE1 2AQ
Tel: +44 0 845 299 3705